May is here! Yesterday, the best month of the year was rung in with some crazy thunderstorms followed by sun and humidity — just how I like it. May is my favorite month of the year for a slew of reasons:
- Mostly because my birthday is May 10.
- The Kentucky Derby is in May. Did you know I’m from Kentucky and I love horses?
- This year, I get to be MOH in Vanessa’s wedding during May!
- Peonies bloom in May — my favorite flower.
- Mother’s Day is in May. I was born on Mother’s Day!
- During college, May meant spring term.
- Memorial Day weekend rounds out the month with a fun three-day weekend.
- You really start to see summery weather during May.
Speaking of summery weather, the shirt above is one of my favorites from Anthropologie. I got it last year [on sale because that’s all I can afford there] to wear on our honeymoon. It combines two favorites: florals and stripes.
On this particular day, I had to cover the cute shirt up a little bit with a shrug because it was chilly, but I’m hoping that next time I break it out, it’ll be hot and sunny!