This spring, one big trend is to wear bold and bright neon colors! I wore this outfit on Sunday. I got the dress from a Hautelook sale, the sweater is Banana Republic, I picked up the sandals during my trip to Australia, and the vintage straw bag was my grandma’s!
When it comes to neon, there are definitely dos and don’ts. Admittedly, I’m more of a pastel girl, but I’ve picked up a few tips on how to pull off these brighter colors.
Tips on how to wear NEON!
- If you’re unsure about wearing a bright and bold outfit, incorporate a neon hue through an accessory like a shoe or clutch.
- Neons pair well with black, white, and camel basics. Black will make a bold contrast, while white and camel will tone the look down.
- If you’re wearing something super bright, keep the rest of your outfit basic. Jeans are a good basic to wear with a bold neon.
- If you want to pair more than one bright hue, colorblock it! Wear two solid blocks of color together in one outfit to get a colorblocked effect. This is trendy in more way than one!
- Wear neon in a MODERN way. Leave the ’80s neon in storage.