Even though we’re married, I love to get dolled up for a date night with Christopher. We recently had a casual night out for wings and drinks. I wore a casual outfit of black jeans and a loose blue top, but the attention grabber of my look was my date hair! It’s so easy and a lovely way to wear your hair up. Read on to learn how to get the look.
How to get a lace braid
There are different versions of this ‘do. My inspiration was Michelle Phan’s version. However, I changed hers up a bit to make it more casual and understated — and appropriate for a casual sports bar date!
What you need:
- Teasing comb
- Bobby pins
- Hair tie
- 5-foot lace ribbon (perhaps more or less, depending on your hair length)
What to do:
- Tease up the section of hair that lies at the top of your head at your crown.
- Put one end of of the lace through a bobby pin.
- Pin the lace ribbon into the teased section of your hair against your head.
- Divide the ends of the teased section of your hair into three sections for braiding, adding the lace ribbon to one section.
- French braid your hair down to its ends. Keep the lace ribbon with its hair section!
- You should have a long strand of lace ribbon left over. Twist the bottom of your braid with the lace around to create a bun.
- Keep twisting the lace around your bun.
- Once you reach the end of the lace, secure the bun and lace with the hair tie.
- If the bun is flopping down, secure it to your head with bobby pins.
- Spray that ‘do into place!
This hair style is meant to be romantic and a little undone, so don’t worry if it’s not perfect!
All ready to go! Trying to get out the door without Hermes escaping.